Web Experience Management (WEM) focuses on Engagement. It emphasizes experience of customers. At DreamFire, we go beyond the traditional Web Content Management System (WCM), from a customer-driven approach to a customer-centric strategy.
Customers no longer appreciate being grouped as “customers”; they are neutral or hostile towards traditional access to information via flashy static web pages, mailing lists, newsletter or standardized subscriptions. Customers expect to be treated as “I”, the individual. In this scenario – personalized access, explicit or implicit targeting, history, preferences, known and captured characteristics to deliver contextually relevant content to the individual customer becomes highly critical. Targeting, Analyzing, Converting and Interacting with customers improves
- Site stickiness
- Customer Loyalty
THE MARKETING DEPARTMENTS IMPERATIVE
Content Management is the core of a WCM system and Content Targeting is considered the core of a WEM system.
- With customers demanding customization, web marketers need tools to define and refine their customer base. To engage with customers, web marketers need to serve contextual data by segment, by channel, by location and other multitude of factors that create granularity in serving their market constituent.
- Automation of content based on personalization gleaned through web analytics is the need of the hour.
- When customers are known to the system, explicit targeting is utilized. But a majority of new customers do not share any information; their behavior on the site should be an indicator of the content which needs to be served through implicit targeting.
- All targeting and analysis has to be Real-time which place a huge load on the back-end systems.
The post-interest phase towards lead generation and conversion needs to be seamless with back-end integration to CRM and ERP systems. Customers prefer to express their opinions through Social networking sites. Integration of social platforms through shared credentials for disseminating corporate information to the social networks is important. Equally important is capturing all interactions on social networks and routing them back into the company for appropriate action. With mobile and other form factors taking over traditional systems of content delivery, a WEM system needs to ensure the experience is shared and imitated across the board.
WEB EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT IS ROOTED IN WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Business user tools for content authoring, transformation and tagging are required to reduce IT intervention. So is Workflow and deployment to automate the publishing process.
- Published content needs to be managed via taxonomy, index, archival and version.
- Many large organizations have multiple sites, so strong multi-site management and multi-lingual capability, the core of WCM, needs to be available on a WEM system as well.
WEB EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT = WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT + ENGAGEMENT